A “hack” is a “novel creation or solution to a problem,” and the purpose of a Hackathon is to generate solutions to a problem or situation. While Hackathons were created to promote innovation in the IT community, this format can be used to solve problems or generate ideas in any team or organization. You provide the situation and the participants create a solution, using the foundational principles of improvisation. This gives them greater capacity to be agile, think on their feet, and accept unusual solutions.
Get ready for creative solutions and lots of fun! This is a high-energy motivational experience!
Specific learning outcomes will be personalized for your audience and will vary depending on which training format you select and will cover:
- 3 techniques and key behaviors that drives innovation
- Creative brainstorming that works like a charm
- Motivation for participants to engage creatively and thoughtfully with their teams
- Case studies and brain science research behind why this format works so well
- Case studies that show both successful outcomes and pitfalls to avoid
For more information, download our one sheet.
We recommend these products that support this topic:
Our Amazon® Best Selling book, The Improvisation Edge: Secrets to Building Trust and Radical Collaboration at Work, by ImprovEdge CEO, Karen Hough.
Yes! Deck: Seriously fun business tools to help you get unstuck. A handy deck of 29 great ideas, exercises, and challenges for you and your team.
Food for thought:
Companies staged 40% more hackathons in 2018 than in 2016. The main adopters are the financial services (18%), manufacturing (17%) and retail industries (16%).